Last week I discovered an excellent tool for mobile website testing. Its the Firefox User-Agent-Switcher extension by Chris Pederick. Its so simple to use.
- Install the Firefox extension.
- Browse over to the Handset Detection device list, select a device (eg Nokia N95) and copy one of the user-agents.
- From the Firefox menu, Select Tools >> User Agent Switcher >> Options >> Options
- Click User Agents the Click Add
- In description put ‘Nokia N95’ and paste your user-agent into the user agent field.
Now all you need to do, for Firefox to mimic a Nokia N95, is select Tools >> User Agent Switcher >> Nokia N95. Viola ! Your website will now think you’re browsing from a Nokia N95.